The event HQ will be at Kielder Castle Forest Park Centre, Kielder, Hexham, Northumberland NE48 1ER.
Whether riding the full 200km or the 130/65km distances riders will be on hard packed gravel for the vast majority of the event.
The trails are wide and typical of the access roads found in commercial forest. Surfaces can vary, but are predominantly fast rolling on small or smooth gravel.
Riders should be prepared to be in remote terrain for large sections of the route. Our compulsory kit list outlines what we consider to be the basic requirements for an event of this nature.
Please be aware that Kielder is remote and has very limited facilities. The nearest shops are at Newcastleton and Bellingham, both a 40min drive away. We advise riders to bring everything with them for the weekend.
Kielder has very limited mobile signal.
- Petrol Station
- Campsite and some indoor accommodation – see separate section
The Event Centre will have a full range of facilities including:
- Catering throughout the weekend
- A bar serving beer with other alcoholic drinks at the cafe
- Camping, camper van parking in either the Kielder Campsite (see accommodation page) or in overflow sites available on a first come basis
- Marquee space for dining
Gravel Event Village
Our Gravel Event Village has continued to grow with more brands joining each year and some who have been with us since the first edition in 2015!
Our full list for 2024:
- Panaracer – legendary Gravel King tyres from Japan
- SRAM – where it all began with their 1x gravel setup
- Lauf – with their distinctive fork and this year with Seigla bikes
- Joes No Flats – our lube, bike cleaner and tubeless specialist
- LeCol – bringing their range of UK designed gravel apparel to the party
- Wahoo – our head unit partner
- POC – helmets and glasses which work together for a seamless fit
- ZIPP – from wheels to full finishing kit
- OTE – nutrition specialists to keep you cranking the pedals
- Camelbak – with a new range of gravel specific hydration and storage products
- LOOK – clipless pedals with industry beating bearings and contact points
- Unior – showcasing a range of tools from Pro kits to trail essentials
- San Marco – surely the finest Italian saddles and an option for everyone
- Stohk – pre and post race beers and a special Dirty Reiver brew for the event